Saturday 9 October 2010

09/10/2010

Well not much done in the last couple of weeks due to the rain and there is just not much to do on the allotment at this time of the year. I have been over and weeded and there are a lot of weeds with all this rain we have been having, but the cabbages and other veg's have really shot up as well.
The leeks Mike gave me have started growing again not sure what happened with them I thought they had all died and hoed the ground over but they came back up.
The green manure is really growing now the mustard is getting high and the rye grass is starting as well now. I have planted all my broad beans in two successions so I should have a good long crop on them, I have planted around 120 seeds so if a hundred come up that will be good, I will have to put some string up to support them but no hurry for that until next year.
I have harvested some of my lettuce and they have tasted very nice, the kohlrabi should be ready in a couple of weeks as well same as turnip greens.
I will be going over today to weed some more and I am going to net everything to keep the birds off the brassicas so I hope to have pictures later on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment