Monday 6 September 2010

Saturday 04/09/2010

Very busy day planned at the allotment today so I had to start early, at 8am today there was lots to dig before the rotavator turned up at one o'clock. By the time this picture was taken I had already spent some time digging.


As you may see there is a bit of thistle and doc in the ground and I had already pre raked this prior to digging it.

Any way a couple of hours later and the digging was done and it was only 11.30 or something around there.

You can see how much I had dug in the morning by the different colour of the soil, the patch left in front of the compost bins will be cleaned up and slabbed over. David delivered the rotavator around one and I spent the next five hours going over the plot, this included going up and down and across.

I then marked out the beds, this is so that I could remove the soil from the path ways as this raises the beds up slightly.


As you can see I am having a path up through the centre and five across the create five beds of around the same size a seed bed and a strawberry patch. I managed to get the first two beds at the far end finished and green manured before going home pretty tired. The allotments or Community gardens as I have been told we are not allotmentiers we are farmers :)

Here is a couple of pics of the rest of the community gardens.



I was also given a large amount of leeks which I duly planted as I had only planted around ten of my own.


Here is a short video overlooking my plot and showing the beds and what I have done, pretty boring for most I guess but I am very excited about this, as it is in fact MY first garden, I have had gardens and veg patches before but they have never truly been mine to do with as I please.

No comments:

Post a Comment