Sunday 12 September 2010

Sunday 12/09/2010

Late start today had to do some shopping first, and there is not much to do at the plot at the moment anyway. I finished clearing the paths and raked over the last couple of beds. The thing I noticed first though was that the strawberry's I planted yesterday have already perked up and had opened their leaves, very pleased with this as they all look fine, the same can not be said about the leeks I planted last week most have fallen over and do not look like they will be standing up again.


Here are some pictures


I am really pleased how the plot has worked out it is exactly as I imagined it.

I also set up one of the cloche's on one of the beds, it can be seen in the first picture. I have planted pak choi, lettuce and carrots in this I am hoping for at least some leaves from this sowing, the lettuce I planted earlier are really starting to get big now so in a couple of weeks I hope to harvest them.

I also hoed my paths and the brassica beds as they had some weeds starting to grow on them.

All the plots have now been taken on site now so the only ones that might be available are the ones that are going to be given up and going by some of the rumours there will be at least three coming up at some point

No comments:

Post a Comment