Sunday 22 August 2010

Sunday 22/08/2010






A busy day today, I didn't get over there very early as it has been raining for the last few days and the ground is a bit sticky. When I finaly got there I marked out the next three beds and cleared the paths.



 I also weeded the first bed and planted some Pak choi, and thinned out the kohlrabi I also netted the whole bed just in case.

I had to return home at this point to pick up my Rhubarb plant, as I have no car this had to travel in the trailer.


  I had pre dug a hole for it earlier on, and loosened  the bottom of the hole and put a little blood fish and bone in the bottom of the hole. I planted the rhubarb and gave it plenty to drink I am hoping it does well, it also had a little more BFB spread around the plant before I left.

You may notice that this is the same spot that the courgette was in, I decided to move that as this was a better spot for the rhubarb, I put the courgette on the third bed with the potatoes and the green manure which has really started growing in the last couple of days.





No comments:

Post a Comment