Saturday 7 August 2010

Saturday 07/08/2010

The day started off real bad with lots of rain and I thought that I would not be going to the allotment today, but at around 12.00 it stopped raining so I packed up the bike and trailer and went over.

First thing to do was to build up the compost bin and sort out my hose pipes, the compost bin is just four broken pallets screwed together but it looks and hopefully works ok.

As you may see I have mounted a hose bracket to the back of the bin just to keep the hoses in some sort of order, there is around 30 metres of hose so there is plenty to reach the other end of the allotment and to reach the tap which is one lottie away from me.

Here are some more pictures this is as far as I got today because I also spent time clearing the path to the left of my patch. I am very pleased with how this has dug up it's been relatively easy, just a lot of faffing to get all the weeds out.

The white box you can see in the distance is the toilet block for the allotments at the moment it's a men's toilet but will be converted to four cubicles. The barn you can see in the pictures will be the main block for the disabled area and for the Lady who will be running her organic vegetable business

No comments:

Post a Comment