Sunday 1 August 2010

First day

Well today was my first day on the allotment, I got there quite early and the first thing I did was plant my first plant a courgette :) I then started at the other end of the plot and raked back the thistles that had been chopped down, the only real bad point was that they had already seeded as they were cut down so this may well meen problems for the future.

I started of digging with the fork as these plots have been rotavated a couple of times since april when the project started. But the fork was hard work so changed over to the spade and I think that I made very good progress by the time I was ready to go home I had dug a 15ft x 15 ft square, I wanted to get to my 20 ft marker but thought that was a little too much for one day.

This was just before I finished the square, my sister also gave me some cabbage plants so I planted these as well rather than waste them.
There is only one down side to the plot and that is that it is just under three miles away and I do not have a car so have to travel by bike and carry my stuff on my trailer like this.



I also met quite a few of the other members yesterday and everyone is very nice and friendly, I also met the lady who is taking on a 2 acre plot to grow vegetables to sell.

Thats it for now off to do some more work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment