Thursday 29 July 2010

My first Allotment

I am going to try to post here as much as possible to log what I am doing on my allotment. To be honest I never thought I would get any land to grow vegetables on so I am very happy and excited to be starting this, my goal is to be self sufficient in vegs within a year.

So I have a lot to do, here are some pictures of my plot there is not much to see at the moment just thistles and a bit of soil. The ground has been recently rotavated so it should be quite easy to dig through to remove the few weeds and thousands of thistles.



It doesn't look that big but it is 15 foot by 70 foot so should be big enough to support me in vegs at the moment. The soil was tested and is in good condition the site is also surrounded by deer and rabbit proof fencing so that is very good, there is also a water standpipe very near to every plot again excellent.

That's it for now I now have to clear the site and get some vegs in soon as possible, more pictures after the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment